Thursday, September 25, 2008

Now I'm Sad

We had a powerfulness outage in my vicinity (some new telephone company disrupting all of us who work from home), so I got in the auto and drove to my favourite java store called It's A Grind, in Ballantyne Village. I love It's a Crunch because it's NOT Starbucks and because I cognize the proprietor and the gallons who work here cognize me by name. In the auto I was listening to NPR and the amount of bad fiscal news was just shocking. Lehman Bros. had just failed and AIG had just been bailed out by the Feds. I was depressed and a small scared, but I wasn't sad. I got to Ballantyne Village, parked and walked to my java shop, only to happen out it was shuttered with a short letter on the door, "Our Apologies!!! We are Closed". This wasn't a impermanent "taking inventory" closure. Most of the shelves are bare, even though the piece of furniture is still in place. And then I became sad. In this 2.5 twelvemonth old shopping centre there have got been three major closings in the last few calendar months - an upscale eating house called Table, a vino store and barroom with unrecorded music, and now my java shop.

As my readers know, and I believe we're toss off to just Ma now, I seek to convey light and felicity and as much optimism as I can in my blog because I think the human race is going through some wicked bends and I don't desire to be a portion of any sort of doomsday and gloom. But truthfully, I can't see much good in someone's dreaming going bust. I can't assist but believe about the proprietor and also the employees who were so cheerful and gracious to the patrons. Where are they and what will they make now?

And I necessitate to believe about myself too. I'm no longer doing gross sales and I necessitate to happen some employment pronto. I'm glad I've lived my dreaming as best Iodine could but this is not the best of modern times to be looking for a job. I make have got an unwavering belief that I will be all right. I always am. I always land on my feet. As Iodine was told, I have got a host of angels around me, protecting me. I always sensed it and will be forever thankful that a friend verbalized it for me. But I don't desire any 1 else to be hurting. I desire love, visible light and felicity for everyone!

I can share with you what conveys me back to an optimistic state. I travel out into nature, like my beautiful mini-forest dorsum yard, or I look at something in my house that put option a smiling on my face. I might just take five proceedings to watch my true cats stalking squirrels or sleeping soundly, and I state "thank you". I don't cognize what it is about being grateful, but it be givens to calm down me down.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home